$55,000 – $60,000 a year
Criminal background check (Required)
compliance, regulatory affairs and/or risk management: 2 years (Preferred)
writing reports, business correspondence & procedure manuals: 1 year (Preferred)
Certified Notary Public (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Compliance Coordinator, Pennsylvania & Maryland
Ethos Cannabis is a multi-state cannabis company with operations in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maryland and we are pursuing expansion opportunities. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets and have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015. Our leadership at Ethos Cannabis have experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
The Compliance Administrator is responsible for the execution of the compliance process for Pennsylvania and. We are building a strong ethical and team-oriented culture at Ethos Cannabis and are looking for this position to help support this vision while championing our values.
The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated independent experience, as this position will provide critical support for the compliancefor our Pennsylvania and Maryland locations. This position will evolve over time and will require flexibility in daily duties. Previous cannabis experience is a plus but not required; however, all candidates should have some familiarity and comfortability with cannabis.
· Assists with application renewals for municipalities, the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) and the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC)
· Partners with Human Resources to administer new affiliations/agent registrations and renewing all existing agent registrations on an annual basis as necessary
· Coordinates with leadership and managers and reviews all standard operating procedures (SOPs), and assists with filings in relation to state regulations compliance for both the dispensary and production facilities
· Remains abreast of relevant industry-related and state-mandated laws and regulations, analyze their impact and make recommendations to operations and management
· Develops collaborative relationships with Regulatory Agency representatives and regulators
· Provide suggestions to management on implementing policy and/or process changes to comply with new and/or changes to regulations
· Assist with review of product promotional materials, packaging, labeling, batch records, specification sheets, or test methods for compliance with applicable regulations and policies
· Collaborates with others in operations to develop policies, procedures and communications encouraging employees to ensure compliance with company policies and/or government regulations
· Collaborates across the Ethos Compliance Team to implement training programs to ensure compliance.
· Oversee the administration, maintenance, and accuracy of all required reports, documentation and equipment
· Supports any recall and/or health and public safety issues. This includes reporting to government agencies, developing communication to dispensaries and/or consumers, working with the management team to develop a corrective plan
· Respond to management inquires and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
· Evaluates participation in community events and other marketing efforts for risks, assists with marketing activities to ensure compliance with federal and/or state regulations
· Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
· This position reports to the Director of Production with oversight from the VP of Retail.
Required and preferred experience, education, and skills:
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience in compliance, regulatory affairs and/or risk management preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, paralegal certification preferred
· Certified Notary Public preferred
· Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects and challenges
· Excellent time-management skills; ability to effectively plan and prioritize, with strong attention to detail and work ethic
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to execute and work well in a team setting but also a self-starter
· Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
· Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
· Must pass stringent state background test requirements
· This position is classified as exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- compliance, regulatory affairs and/or risk management: 2 years (Preferred)
- analyzing technical procedures & government regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- writing reports, business correspondence & procedure manuals: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Notary Public (Preferred)
- One location