Humid hot or freezing cold, drinks are always a good idea. Even better, CBD-infused drinks, which is not only a trend but live up to the hype too.
You’ve probably heard of edibles, so think of this as a version of it but in liquid form. You can even call it drinkables if you’re feeling witty.
The best part? There are super easy drinks infused with CBD recipes that you can make in the comforts of your own home with already available ingredients in the refrigerator.
It is not only a great addition to your daily routine of sourcing vitamins and minerals, it’s pretty delicious as well.
Is CBD Legal in Beverages?
The cannabis plant itself has been popular since ancient times. Its many versatile uses include textile, fabric, medicine, and, of course, recreational enjoyment. Unfortunately, the recreational part was also the main reason for its eventual ban for public use.
Depending on the cannabis species, THC can be found in differing levels. This is the cannabinoid responsible for the weed high. The marijuana plant is famous for this. Cannabidiol or CBD is also a cannabinoid.
However, unlike THC, it is completely non-psychoactive.
In 2018, the U.S. Farm Bill officially listed industrial hemp to be an agricultural commodity. This made it legal on the federal level for growing, consuming, and selling.
While there is no particular clause in the law that disallows it, the Food and Drug Administration campaigns against using CBD as a food or beverage additive.
What can You Mix with CBD?
The great thing about CBD despite the vague regulations surrounding it is that it is still widely accessible to many.
There is a long list of potential benefits of CBD. From treating mild to chronic pains like migraines and joint aches, to soothing anxiety and helping boost your mood, to aiding in longer and better sleep and relaxation.
With these, many new products have emerged in the market.
Read More: CBD RECIPES TO TRY
CBD Drink Recipes
Easy DIY recipes require minimal effort because you can pretty much whip up any drink and just add your favorite tincture to it.
CBD soda, coffee, tea, sparkling waters, or infused and detox water can be your next favorite drink. Not only is it delicious, but it can also be a great pick-me-upper if you feel the need for a quick energy boost.
It can also be taken at any time of the day. Right before or together with your favorite breakfast to start off the day, or in the middle of the day when you feel a bit run down, or before bed if you want a little help in sleeping earlier and better.
Check out these three easy CBD-infused drink recipes if you want to give it a go!
CBD Strawberry Lemonade
For this CBD-infused drink recipe, you will need to first make a strawberry puree, then a lemonade juice, and mix them together.
- 1 and a half cups of lemon juice (it can be freshly squeezed or pre-packaged depending on your preference)
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup of water for the puree and 6 cups for the juice
- ½ cup of sugar
- Your favorite CBD oil tincture
- Start with the puree by blending the strawberries, ¼ cup water, and sugar
- Blend until desired consistency is formed
- Add the lemon juice and 6 cups of water
- Last and most importantly, add in 3 droppers full of your favorite CBD oil. It can be in any flavor since it will most like be masked by the flavor of the drink.
There you have it, chill the drink, serve, and enjoy!
CBD Turmeric Tea
Turmeric tea is already a pretty well-known herbal drink. To amp it up, add in a bit of CBD tincture in orange blossom flavor.
- 4 cups of boiled water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground or powdered turmeric
- CBD oil orange blossom flavor
Simply mix the first two ingredients and steep for as long as you’d like. Add in the tincture last, drop in as many milligrams of CBD as you’d like, and enjoy your warmth in a cup. You can also add a variety of other ingredients if you want to make your tea more interesting.
Common additives are honey and sugar if you want to sweeten it. Whole milk, almond, coconut, or skim if you want it creamier.
Lemon, lime, or ginger for more antioxidants and flavor too. Whatever tickles your taste buds, have a go at it.
Read More: NON-MELTING CBD SALVE
Watermelon CBD Flower Juice
- CBD flower strain of your choice
- 1 and a half cup of water
- 3 cups of sliced seedless watermelon
- ⅓ cup of crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon of syrup
- 1 whole lime
- You can choose to decarboxylate your CBD flowers to enhance the cannabinoids or just use it raw
- If you choose the former, simply pop it in the oven for 20 minutes
- After, soak the flowers in Everclear for up to 24 hours to infuse
- Place a saucepan and turn on the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer. The heat will make the alcohol evaporate from Everclear.
- After a few minutes, add in the water and let it simmer again.
- Then strain the mixture and discard the solid leaves.
- Pour in the liquid a blender, add in the diced watermelon, ice, syrup, and squeeze the lime juice.
- Blend it well until the consistency is to your liking.
How Fast Do CBD Drinks Kick in?
Since there is no universal dosage for CBD, it really depends on how long it will take before it takes effect on the body.
It will also vary on multiple factors such as body mass, the kind of CBD product, its bioavailability, and how often you take it.
With CBD drinks, it could kick in a few minutes after you drink it up to an hour. It also depends on how potent the tincture oil you will use. You can choose full-spectrum, broad-spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate.
The first two will give you the entourage effect as they have a list of other cannabinoids in them. Isolates are pure and potent CBD.
Read More: HEMP CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Learn More About CBD-Infused Drinks
What is a CBD drink?
Do CBD infused drinks work?
In terms of CBD health benefits, infused drinks work just as well. Users drink it to relieve pains, help with anxiety, and even mood disorders. Others use it to simply help them relax better and longer.
In any case, CBD health benefits have worked for many people.
Where can I purchase CBD drinks?
Cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, wellness spas, and other physical stores near you might sell CBD drinks. If not, you can always make them yourself.
How much CBD to put in drinks?
It is important to note your body weight when measuring how much CBD to put in your beverage.
How long does it take for CBD drinks to kick in?
These things will affect how long it will take for the body to fully absorb CBD.