This week, medical cannabis went on sale for the primary time in Louisiana’s 9 licensed pharmacies. Elsewhere, in Florida, State Rep. Shevrin Jones filed laws that will decriminalize the possession of sure quantities of cannabis.
Right here, we’ve rounded up the 10 headlines you have to know earlier than this week is over.
- New Hampshire: Gov. Chris Sununu vetoed a invoice that will have allowed medical marijuana sufferers to develop as much as six crops at residence, citing issues about extra cannabis ending up on the illicit market. Backers of the proposal stated the house develop choice would decrease prices and enhance accessibility for sufferers. Learn extra
- Iowa: The Medical Cannabidiol Board held its first assembly Aug. 2 since Gov. Kim Reynolds vetoed a invoice that will have expanded this system. Whereas it denied including normal nervousness and opioid dependency to the record of authorised medical circumstances and delayed a choice on PTSD, the board did approve continual ache as a qualifying situation. Learn extra
- Elsewhere within the state, officers of the Southwest Iowa Narcotics Job Drive hand delivered letters to a number of Council Bluffs companies, informing homeowners that the sale of CBD merchandise is prohibited within the state. There are 5 licensed CBD oil dispensaries in Iowa, and just one Council Bluffs enterprise, Have a Coronary heart Compassionate Care, is licensed by the state to promote CBD merchandise. Learn extra
- Arkansas: Medical marijuana gross sales topped $Four million by means of the top of July, based on gross sales figures launched by the Arkansas Division of Finance and Administration. The six dispensaries in operation offered 574 kilos totaling $4.01 million. Learn extra
- Louisiana: Medical cannabis merchandise went on sale for the primary time in Louisiana Aug. 6. The state’s 9 licensed pharmacies offered merchandise manufactured by GB Sciences Louisiana, which included sublingual tinctures. Learn extra
- Maine: Portland, the state’s largest metropolis, launched its proposed cannabis laws, bringing it one step nearer to finalizing guidelines for adult-use retailers. Inside the proposal, the town says it desires to restrict the variety of shops to 20, ban supply companies and require shops to have employees for safety and high quality management. Learn extra
- Florida: State Rep. Shevrin Jones (D-West Park) filed laws Aug. 5 that will decriminalize the possession of sure quantities of cannabis in Florida, though the invoice may very well be a longshot within the Republican-controlled legislature. “We should restore justice to our damaged prison justice system. For a lot too lengthy, communities of coloration have been disproportionately impacted by legal guidelines governing marijuana, and we should finish this injustice as soon as and for all,” Jones stated in a ready assertion. Learn extra
- Michigan: Legal professional Normal Dana Nessel and a workgroup she convened are exploring clarifying adjustments to the adult-use cannabis legislation voters authorised final 12 months. Nessel supported the proposal however is left with some authorized questions on the best way to implement it. Learn extra
- Oklahoma: A lawsuit filed Aug. 5 in opposition to the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority seeks to dam the Oklahoma Division of Well being from probably releasing details about sufferers to legislation enforcement companies. “I don’t perceive why that’s the state’s enterprise,” stated Whitney Wehmeyer, one of many fundamental plaintiffs within the lawsuit. Learn extra
- New Jersey: A invoice that will legalize adult-use cannabis in New Jersey is probably not useless in any case, NJ Advance Media reported. State leaders imagine there’s nonetheless hope of convincing lawmakers to vote on the invoice both throughout the “lame duck” session on the finish of this 12 months or within the first half of subsequent 12 months. Learn extra